So you are ready to take the leap and “have some work done”? Here are some tips straight from Dr. Alisha on how to get the most out of your treatments.
- First, and most importantly, choose your injector wisely! If you don’t want a frozen face look or duck lips for the next 4 months, you need to be sure you choose the right injector! We are all about subtlety here at Premier Medical Aesthetics! Subtle transformations that leave them amazed at how great you look, but unable to put their finger on what’s different! A good rule of thumb is to look at your injector. If they are overdone, you run that risk too!
- Always follows the before and after instructions to the letter. You can’t expect quality results if you don’t follow the instructions. If the injector tells you to avoid wearing a hat after botox injections, please don’t reach for one. This can cause migration of the medicine into unintended areas.
- Don’t touch or massage the injection site afterward. It can spread the medication to other areas and spoil the effect at the injection site.
- Get treatments regularly. If you have sessions at regular intervals, then your muscles will become weaker over time, which means your Botox results could last longer.
- Always use sun protection. UV rays can actually reverse the benefits of injected treatments. Use a high-quality brand of sunscreen. We recommend ZO Skin Health, Obagi, Neocutis or Epionce sun protection products. Even when you are driving in the car you are exposed to photoaging from the sun. In other words, sunscreen is a must EVERY DAY. Not just on those pool, beach and lake days.
- Exercise proper skin care. Stay hydrated (drink plenty of water) to enhance the water-absorption effect of HA fillers to help them remain plump and wrinkle free for a longer period of time. We would be more than happy to help you find the best skin products for your skin.
- Eat healthy – the food you eat can directly affect both the appearance and healthy of your skin. Stay away from processed and packaged foods, and limit sugar in your diet.
- Relax! Stress is a common factor of day-to-day life. But it’s negatively affecting your skin by releasing cortisol and other hormones that accelerate the aging process. Try to reduce unnecessary stress-inducers in your life, and incorporate some stress relief techniques like meditation or yoga into your day.